National Qualification for Leading Teaching
Leading Behaviour and Culture (NPQLBC) is for teachers who have, or are aspiring to have, responsibilities for leading behaviour and/or supporting pupil wellbeing in their school.
What will I learn?
- The knowledge, skills and expertise to lead effective approaches to behaviour, pupil wellbeing and developing a whole school culture.
• How to contribute to a culture of high expectations across a school.
• How to develop the enabling conditions for good behaviour.
• How to support pupils with complex behavioural needs.
• How to contribute to effective professional development for behaviour and culture.
• How to implement effective approaches to behaviour, pupil wellbeing and for developing a whole school culture.
Summary of the Programme and NPQ Learning Hours
Session Type NPQ training (55 hours):
Every Term (3 Terms)
Total Hours (3 Terms)
Audit before start of programme
One day induction conference at the beginning of year 1.
One day consolidation conference at the end of year 1
Self-directed learning / Learning journal / Implementation project
9 hours per term (minimum)
Online learning community: Discussion session
1 hour each term (minimum)
Peer learning group and live sessions
3 hours term 1 & 3 / 6 hours term 2
Line manager sessions
Termly one-hour meeting